Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Royal Buddae!

To understand just how much I have brow beaten everyone into accepting my surreptitious (read as: questionable, untraceable) royal lineage and bull dozed my way to mock-monarchy, you need to rewind to October 24th, 2009, which was an immensely satisfying culmination of my blue-blooded-descent propaganda (Sir Mathew should be pleased - Lady P.D. has dexterously picked up the ropes of media manipulation under his able tutelage).


I would like to thank everyone who made this day so very memorable and 'princessy' -
Right from Their Highnesses- the King, Queen and the Royal Brat's generous and bountiful wishes;
the exotic, 'rose'y flora and calorific choco-bombs sent from the kingdom afar;
the joyous shower of icy water, fragrant eggs and appetising ketchup at the stroke of midnight ensuring Her Highness begins this auspicious day on a clean note with considerable time spent soaking in the 'Hamam';
the Santa Claus delivery of the 'Ten' treasures heralding X'mas two months early in October ;
the fairyland setting, sumptuous cake, magical candles and all the love and care from my cohabiting consort;
hidden gifts on the table and periodically in the drawer and all the ferrying and foraying for decorations;
the 'pity', marble art works and 'accidental silences' in wordy deluges;
the scroll from my eternal better half - a painstaking piece of ever-improving, breathtaking workmanship;
and the parro(kee)t from the Royal Ortist! (see below :D )


And all my dear subjects who indulge me and go along with my noble(ahem!) pretences - thank you! You made my birthday a day I'll never forget.

4 comments:

  1. Well it has been an honour to be a part of the Your Highness Royal celebrations.. :) The messenger from the Far Away Kingdom brings the msg from the King himself : " The King wishes & Promises the Princess all the prosperity, happiness & many more Unforgettable B'days at every dawn of the great day (24th Oct) in the time to come" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa Clause appreciates that princess acknowledged his presence around her, and is delighted to be a part of her highness' buddae celebration. He also takes the pride of spending the maximum time with her on her buddae...of course making her eternal better half jealous in the process :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liberated for eternity by your act of charity so uncalled for, your Highness! My work amidst your royal collection!!!!! God o' God! Was I Felix Felicis in my last birth?? The luck seems to have spilled over in exorbitant amounts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahoi! In the presence of such esteemed royalty, the princess chooses to call the impoverished brooding artist from that downmarket part of the city as her better half. Love saga? Oh yeah, baby!

    ReplyDelete