Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life and Dell!

Life, is tough to live.
Particularly when you live under the constant strain of ensuring that your day involves the much taxing activity of doing nothing and in the midst of doing nothing you have to thwart your parents' frantic and worrisome efforts to make you do something. It is even more stressful to plot and scheme to ensure that days in the immediate future are encompassed in the ruddy glow of that idyll of nothingness. No wonder all this strenuous, creative workout makes the good, ol' occupant of the cranial cavity feel older and wiser than its years and the squirming grey cells exist on the verge of being addressed in the singular, than plural (a lone grey cell?).

Well, this pleasant meditative stupor of my existence was torn asunder on an early May morning when I was pulled out of bed to find myself straddling a rather bulky cardboard box on which was written - DELL!! Yipeeeee! My lappie had arrived, and a glossy, happy red it was!
For many a day I observed it with a veneration that not too many of my electronics inspire or witness. And those of you who saw the individuality I had lent to my MP3 player and cell phone must be eagerly awaiting the baptism of my laptop. You shall not be disappointed :D




Ma Chere - "Cherry" (pronounced 'Sh'erry :P), neighbour's envy, owner's pride, distinctly individualized by the emblazoned 'P.D.'! Thank you, thank you, I know you all love my art :D



And IF anybody feels the need to comment on my need for a cursive writing book, you are as good as dead!

7 comments:

  1. It looks awesome!!! Ahem despite the trademark PD :D Oh no. I meant that in the nicest way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I have been yearning for the looks-nice-INSPITE-of-PD adulation - Deja vu!
    You have reassured me that I have not lost my touch :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy there junior,

    I take the liberty of saying that coz i saw ur post on the mica 09-11 forum, and if you arent a fraud posing to be a mican, I believe I have the right to call you by the afore mentioned title ;) The natural sarcasm, aah the same tone of conversation tha
    t makes the mallu clan stand apart (only coz noone else can bear us!) attracted me to your blog.

    Welcome to Mica, Preeti and I love thy's way of writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey preeti, ur laptop looks awesome, and ur "personalisation" is like the icing on the cake...it looks so cool yaar...am sure no one wud ever think of snitching ur "cherry" after looking at the lovely PD on it....
    Anubhav

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Anubhav!! Though I wouldnt say the same for your lappie bag - I might just snitch it for the 'Stallion' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nero Senior!
    Mallu-ism is one contagious virus, and if it adds sarcasm to my armour (besides ample coconut oil :P), I am most indebted. One year in Kerala has been transformational and I am have to valiantly fight the urge to pluck jasmine flowers, coz I now feel the only fertile ground for them can be on coconut fertilized hair :-D If only Malayalam was not such a tongue twister :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. why do u think i have stopped bringing it to class...

    ReplyDelete